Benches are a great way to round off all of those extra spaces around the house. Not only do they provide comfortable seating, but most benches also offer extra storage space to stow things that would otherwise clutter your home.
Before desperately trying to find the best benches for each room and its needs, here are 5 expert tips to help you choose a bench.
What kind of bench designs are the best?
The design of the bench you choose and the decor that goes with it depend entirely on where you want to store it. For example:
Nursery: A bench for your nursery cannot be boring and boring. There are many benches with imaginative designs
like a treasure chest or with comic prints that fit nicely into one
Window seat: Benches used as window seats provide good reading spots. Get one with storage cubicles that can be filled with books (or your e-reader) for a cozy little library.
Hallways: The furniture and decorations in your hallways are there to impress visitors. The benches you put there should be the same, with stately and sometimes elaborate patterns cut in good quality wood.
Bedroom: Your bedroom should be the most relaxing part of your home. Therefore, the benches should not have any sharp features or clear lines, but should be covered with fine cushions. Avoid leather or metallic accents, but use velvet pillows in subtle colors for the best results.
Dining room: Dining benches require a balance between form and function. While comfort is needed, these benches also need to be sturdy, so go for solid benches. Both wood and aluminum can be selected with a modern design for easy efficiency.
What are the different types of benches?
Benches come in many different designs to meet different needs. Some of the most popular options are:
- Bedroom benches: Benches for your bedroom are usually at the foot of the bed. They provide a place to sit and dress as you prepare for the day. A good option is to hide blankets and other laundry.
What storage options are available on a bank?
There are some clever ways your bank can be used for storage. There is no best guy; All types are useful in different scenarios. Here are some of the types of storage options available on benches:
Cabinet: As the name suggests, these benches are like doors that open to sections that can be used for storage like a closet or miniature cabinet.
Flip Top: This type of storage gives you the most space. On flip tops, the top of the bench is actually a lid that can be opened to give access to a hollow interior that can be stored like a trunk.
Cubby: These benches have open fronts with several squares divided into them. A cubby style bench may offer less storage space than a simple cabinet design, but it looks much better and is easier to organize and access.
Drawer: A variation on the Cubby style, these benches have closed drawers that slide out of the bench to accommodate and store items.
Should the bench be smooth or padded?
The answer to this question depends a lot on where your bank is located. Here are some guidelines:
- The decor for bedroom generally emphasizes softness and comfort. The benches that you place at the foot of your bed should reflect this and use padding and padding.
- Placed along for benches EntrancesFunctionality is all that is needed. Simple wood serves well here.
- dining room are a mixed bag. The benches next to your dining table shouldn’t have pillows or cushions that can cause food stains. On the other hand, you might have a bench or two on the walls for having tea. These can have some basic pads.
- Usually the living room needs cushioned seating. However, depending on your existing decor, pure wood benches may be a better choice. Upholstered benches go better with an informal setting with plenty of couches and bean bags to complement them.